Let's make something that you can eat during the winter kimchi-making season in Korea/Let's make jowl boiled pork instead of boiled pork belly commonly eaten in Korea/jowl boiled pork making/Making Korean Traditional Food
Hello subscribers! It's me!!!πππ
Today, I would like to introduce boiled pork that you must eat during winter kimchi-making season in Korea.
In Korea, winter is from December to February, a total of three months. In Gangwon Province, where winter comes early, we make kimchi in November.
We usually make kimchi in December. After we make kimchi, we usually boil pork belly in soybean paste and sliced it.
I prepared a special part of boiled pork. It is jowl boiled pork!
Jowl, which is an expensive the meat part of Korea, is quite luxurious.
If you go to a traditional Korean bar, they sell it, but it's expensive! So I made it.
Oh, and Korea really loves pork belly, so there is also pork belly day. Hehe it's March 3rd.
Please understand that there may be some errors by turning the Naver Papago translator.
We've also prepared stir-fried kimchi recipe to go with jowl boiled pork, so please look forward to it. Let's get started!
π½π½π½π½π½π½π½
<Jowl boiled pork ingredients-based on 4 servings/rice grains>
2L of water
2 green onion roots 15 cm long
8 whole garlics
3 pinches of ginger powder
two laurel leaves
125ml of cooking wine
a generous dose of soybean paste a spoonful
a spoonful of whole pepper
1 kg of frozen jowl
A little bit of perilla leaves
2 chili peppers
Two thirds of finely chopped kimchi rice bowl
Half a spoonful of sesame oil
a teaspoon of sugar
a little bit of ground pepper
A little bit of black sesame
A bit of wasabi
Ssamjang is a bit
A little bit of mel joes Sauce
2 green onion roots 15 cm long
8 whole garlics
3 pinches of ginger powder
two laurel leaves
125ml of cooking wine
a generous dose of soybean paste a spoonful
a spoonful of whole pepper
1 kg of frozen jowl
A little bit of perilla leaves
2 chili peppers
Two thirds of finely chopped kimchi rice bowl
Half a spoonful of sesame oil
a teaspoon of sugar
a little bit of ground pepper
A little bit of black sesame
A bit of wasabi
Ssamjang is a bit
A little bit of mel joes Sauce
πππππππ
First, I'll leave it in the refrigerator for a day or so to thinly cut out the scaffolding of the 80 percent defrosted jowl.
If you want to eat something light, you can cut out the scaffolding like me.
If you want to eat a little greasy, you don't have to remove the scaffolding.
Usually, I eat it without removing it.
But I took it off because there was too much scaffolding attached to it.
After I cut out the 1kg of scaffolding, it came out to 665g. It has to be cut off with 80 percent defrosting to cut the scaffolding well.
This is my tip~!!! Heheπ½
Then, a large pot is prepared by pouring 2L of water into the pot. In Korea, a large pot that boils gomtang is called a gomsot.
Gomtang is a traditional Korean dish with a white, savory soup made by boiling beef bones for a long time.
It can be boiled in gomsot.
It is the process of making the broth simple by boiling the meat later.
Follow me well.π
Then, prepare both the garlic for the meat to boil and the sliced garlic for the wrap at the same time.
Wash a total of 8 on a sieve to drain!π
Add the ginger powder to the 3-point water.
Add 2 bay leaves and 125ml of cooking wine.
Add a spoonful of whole pepper and soybean paste.
I had my grandmother's doenjang, so I added it.
It tastes more savory than it's sold!
Scoop a spoonful of soybean paste with a spoon of rice and release it into the water with a spoonful of soybean paste to complete the meat broth!
Boil it with the meat.π
Remove the top of 3 garlics and slice them thinly, and slice 2 cheongyang red peppers thinly.
For the 4 perilla leaves to be used for plating, remove the tips and prepare them separately with a kitchen towel!
When the water starts to boil, lower the heat over medium heat and bring to a boil for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, turn the heat on a a strong and weak fire and bring to a boil for another 15 minutes!
While the meat is cooking, I will make stir-fried kimchi. Prepare about 2/3 of the rice bowl of minced kimchi.
You can take out the kimchi and cut it often with scissors.
Heat a pan with half a spoonful of sesame oil over low heat and add the kimchi.π
Sesame oil has a much smoke point, so it's good to cook it over low heat! I'm going to add sugar, so I'm going to fry it over low heat so it doesn't burn.
If the kimchi is 80% cooked, I'll add one teaspoon of sugar and continue to stir-fry it.
As for the finish of the stir-fry kimchi, stir-fry the ground pepper with about 3 pinches and finish it off.
If you don't like the taste of aged kimchi, it's good to eat it with stir-fry kimchi.
The kimchi we use here is not freshly made kimchi, but aged sour kimchi! I'm also Korean, but I can't eat uncooked aged kimchi. Isn't it amazing?
If you have boiled the meat for 30 minutes, turn off the heat and leave the meat soaked in boiling water, cover and let it sit for 5 minutes.
That way, the broth and the boiled meat taste will mix well and season well!
After five minutes, pick up the meat with tongs, place it on a plate, and leave the windows on the open veranda to cool it down.
Leaving it for five to 10 minutes will cool it down a little bit warm because it's cold. It cools the boiled meat because it gets chewier and cut prettier when it cools.
If you don't cool it down and cut it, it can be crushed!
Slice the cooled jowl boiled pork diagonally thinly with a knife.
On a wooden cutting board, I'm going to put 4 sheets of perilla leaf that I wiped off the water earlier.
I'm going to add sliced jowl boiled pork and then black sesame seeds on the center of the meat.
And then I'm going to add sliced garlic, sliced cheongyang red pepper, ssamjang, and wasabi.
Put the stir-fried kimchi on a small piece of paper and just sprinkle the sesame seeds on the wooden cutting board and you're done with the plating today!
Personally, it's better to wrap perilla leaf wraps with garlic, cheongyang red pepper, fried kimchi, and ssamjang.
And it's best to put a little bit of wasabi on the meat and dip it in the meljoes sauce!
I recommend you eat it this way.
It also goes well with Starlight Cheongha, a Korean sparkling wine. Meljoes sauce is a salted fish sauce made of anchovies that can be eaten in Jeju Island.
It's also sold as a sauce these days.
You can find it at Korean meat restaurants even if it's not in Jeju Island.
It has a mature taste but the real flavor is no joke when you dip it in the meat.
I want to eat it while writing.
I'm salivating...π»
πππππππ
Today, I introduced you to a special part of the boiled pork eaten during the Korean winter kimchi-making season.
How was it? Don't you want to try it? It's really delicious.
How about a delicious jowl meat and starlight cheongha accompaniment for today's meal?
I recommend it~ Then I'll see you in the next post.
Bye!
Recipe Source: hyeng butler's Korean food blog
Photo theft and writing are prohibited. Copyright is in my blog.
















Comments
Post a Comment